Contributors

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Busted

Set off merrily for Huddersfield for the Northern Rail Cycle Forum yesterday morning. Having negotiated the City Centre I had the bike pointing north at Shalesmoor when I heard an ominous sproing from the back wheel. Had a quick look & thought "bust a spoke". Was not far from a bike shop who's name begins with L so thought I'd pop it in there for a quick repair - had booked it in when I realised that actually about a quarter of the spokes had come out of the hub. This sort of repair on my expensive touring bike is not normally something I would take to that particular shop, as I prefer a shop whose name begins with B. so it will be interesting to see what they do with it. Anyway, got the tram back to the station and and the next Pacer to H'field, so made the meeting in plenty of time.

No comments:

Blog Archive