Contributors

Friday, April 06, 2007

SWMBO's blog

So anyway he drags me out for a bike ride. Quelle Drague! Firstly we have to go on the train - why can't we go in one of our two motor vehicles? - on time & with plenty of room for bikes for once, so he got away with that one - but then we have to go to New Mills! Christ what a dump, and there were at least three cars on the roads we had to get round. And we have to go and look at how many bike racks there are at the stations, Jeezzuz pannezzas! So then he makes us cycle along the canal - well it's a bit slow and we have to be nice to walkers, "couldn't we go along the road" I say. Then we go past a canal basin that's an ancient monument apparently - Well I didn't know they had canal basins in pre-historic times and I'm an an archaeologist, so there - actually I'm a Customer Service Manager, you've got to earn a crust haven't you? - but he says we can't stop and have a look 'cos we've got too far to go, miserable git. Then we get to Chinley - another shithole, even worse than New Mills - hasn't even got a decent shop! Anyway things get worse as we have to go up some bastard of a road - it's called Rushup Edge but I certainly wasn't going to rush up it!

He
wants to go down Winnatts but I soon put the stoppers on that - it's Edale or nothing I said, so over Mam Nick we go - I hate going downhill, it's even worse than going up I reckon. The next bit wasn't too bad but then we have to go up some other bloody fucking hill to Yorkshire Bridge - he wants to go over the dam, what's wrong with going all the way down into the valley and back up the other side I say! Then we have to go practically all the way back to Bamford so we can go over Bamford Moor - that's a bastard of a climb, no-one in their right mind would want to do that - well the views were quite good but what's wrong with seeing them from the comfort of a 4x4? Not bloody soon enough we're getting back into Sheffield but he says we should go on the back streets as going down Ecclesall Rd Sth at dusk can be a bit hairy. Then he takes us on some lunatic route that involves going up as well as down! And we end up going down Sheldon Rd which is the second worse road in Sheffield to cycle on, after Brocco Bank - normally we go along the back streets but of course I moan about that as well because it's too bloody far - and then to cap it all we run into our fool of a son who's mooching about meersbrook trying to borrow a bike to get to his pal's house because he had his stolen-ed from his pal's house (yes the same one)the other day. Well we gave him short shrift I can tell you.

Anyway when we got back I told him it was a great ride but we know better don't we!

No comments:

Blog Archive